So since I've been sewing for a little while now, I've learned quite a lot about my talents. The most important is that my technicality suffers quite a bit. I couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it! I'm hoping that gets better the more I do it, but I'm not so sure. The second thing I've learned is that I need a lot of flexibility to go crazy and just create. Patterns, and other certain crafts are just not my thing. I've recently start making embellished mini quilts. I haven't finished one yet, but I have so many designs and I'm hoping to be able to post a picture soon. In the spirit of crazy I made a pillow for Ann Marie's room. I started out with a regular piece of fabric. and then started piling things on top. We used funky wool yarn, sequins, metallic thread, glitter, and whatever gaudy thing we could find! We topped the whole thing off with a piece of meshy and then crazy sewed all over the top with a contrasting thread. The whole thing was an absolute mess, but it turned out pretty cute and Ann Marie loves it! It's definitely a fun project to do with the kiddos and let them go wild!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Crazy crafting
So since I've been sewing for a little while now, I've learned quite a lot about my talents. The most important is that my technicality suffers quite a bit. I couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it! I'm hoping that gets better the more I do it, but I'm not so sure. The second thing I've learned is that I need a lot of flexibility to go crazy and just create. Patterns, and other certain crafts are just not my thing. I've recently start making embellished mini quilts. I haven't finished one yet, but I have so many designs and I'm hoping to be able to post a picture soon. In the spirit of crazy I made a pillow for Ann Marie's room. I started out with a regular piece of fabric. and then started piling things on top. We used funky wool yarn, sequins, metallic thread, glitter, and whatever gaudy thing we could find! We topped the whole thing off with a piece of meshy and then crazy sewed all over the top with a contrasting thread. The whole thing was an absolute mess, but it turned out pretty cute and Ann Marie loves it! It's definitely a fun project to do with the kiddos and let them go wild!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love that style of sewing. I have wanted to do one of those for a long time. I am glad you are getting in touch with your inner crafter:)
What a beautiful pillow for a beautiful little girl. How fun!!!
Post a Comment