Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Cleaning

It's that time of year again when the gloves come on and the mop works overtime! Spring cleaning, though daunting, is so satisfying. We've just about finished the yard work and will be starting in on the house and garage. I went and downloaded a really good spring cleaning checklist.

http://www.womansday.com/home/8674/cleaning-checklists.html

As the kids get older they are able to help more and it has become a fun family activity to turn on the music and clean together.

This year I'm trying something new and have decided to make all of my own cleaning products. There are so many articles and recipes out there, but I plan to get the basics down and then add to them with different natural ingredients for smell and stuff. Vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice and dishsoap will do every job that I need done. I'm really looking forward to it and it's helping keep my family healthier and better for the environment. I must be catching the Tucson bug because I've been feeling very "green" lately. It's only a matter of time until we up and move into a solar powered, compost making, veggie growing compound! j/k

Happy Cleaning!

No comments: