I find crafting to be a lot like drugs. You try one thing, and it's fun, so you try something else, which then leads to the next craft and you just keep crafting until you find yourself checking into Martha Stewart rehab. I too have become a victim of crafts!
About two weeks ago I was at Joanns and I ended up in the knitting aisle. I started looking through the books and again found myself absorbed. Luckily my kids were whining and begging to go home so I put the book down and left. A few days later I ended up back there and bought a "teach yourself to knit" kit. Knitting is one of those things that looks easy enough until you try and read how to do it. I signed up for a knitting group called Stitch n' Bitch. I coaxed my friend into coming with me and away we went. We never could have imagined the feisty group of knitters we were about to encounter. The whole evening was very entertaining and thanks to our new teachers Skylar and Shannon we were now official knitting folk. I owe so much to those two he/she/it people because knitting is now one of my very favorite pastimes. I am still pr
acticing and learning but I've already picked out my first project which is fruits and veggies with little rattles inside for babies! I'm so excited! Wish me luck!

1 comment:
Nancy just retaught me to crochet and I am falling in love with the many yarns. They make some cool stuff huh! That baby rattle fruit is adorable. You know you could make Olivia a couple, she has a great appreciation for handmade things:)
Post a Comment