Friday, February 29, 2008

The Bookshelf

So yesterday on a whim Jer and I drove to phoenix to go to Ikea. We ended up buying a bookshelf that takes up the whole wall! I love it! So while trying to fill it up and unpacking all of our old books I realized that I have completely lost track of myself. I forgot that I use to be obsessed with poetry and buy random books just for fun. It's amazing what having three kids and moving all over the place will do to you. I really need to take some time and rediscover what I like and who I am. I have recently taken up some new crafts and that's great, but I think that's just putting a bandage on the real problem. I know that everyone goes through a period of finding themselves, but I kind of skipped that and now I have some time to make up for. So I think I'm going to start posting things that I learn about myself each day. It's amazing how 1 bookshelf can upset your world just like that!

What I learned today:
I don't like used bookstores. Most of the people there are freaks and it always smells funny. The one I went to today reminded me of our old neighbors the Campbells.(unless you knew them you won't get that!) I don't know maybe I'm just a book snob... but I like new books with crisp white pages and no weird smells!

3 comments:

Nina said...

Hey, don't knock the Campbell's house! It was built by your grandpa and I lived there for years:)

New books are great but you don't get to enjoy the random doodles or notes the previous reader wrote in the margins of those used books. Maybe you just don't want someone influencing your newly forming opinions.

Kristy N. said...

No not the house.....the Campbells themselves! I don't think I ever even went in their house!

ehammon said...

I agree with Kristy. Old books Stink! Literally. They are disgusting. And there is in fact no way to clean them.